You are here: >> Home >> Justice of the Peace (JPs)

Justice of the Peace (JPs)

If you are looking for someone to witness your signature when you sign your will you can contact a person called a Justice of the Peace (JP) to witness you making your signature.  To find one near you search the public register in your state – follow the links below. A Justice of the Peace is a volunteer appointed by the government.  They do not provide legal advice. 


Where can I find a Justice of the Peace (JP) near me?


Important notice: This article is intended for general interest and information only. It contains general information and is not specific to anyone’s personal circumstances. It is not legal advice nor should it be used as such. Always consult a legal practitioner for specialist legal advice specific to your needs and circumstances and rely upon that. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy at the time of writing applicable laws may change.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.

Copyright © 2024 BHS Legal, publisher of Content is protected by copyright. Please refer to the Terms of Use.
Scroll to Top