You are here: >> Home >> Executors


Want to resign as executor?

Appointed executor but don’t wish to act? You can resign or renounce the role providing you have not intermeddled in the estate. 

To renounce your executorship you need to complete a court form (in most states/territories). Court forms can be downloaded from the Probate Registry of the Supreme Court in your state or territory in most cases. 

After completing the form you then lodge it in the Court. Note that Registry staff cannot give legal advice.  If you need assistance consult a solicitor, find links here.

Being an executor

Information on succession law and the law generally can be searched for from these resources.

B Stead

BHS Legal
24 October 2023

Important notice: This article is intended for general interest and information only. It contains general information and is not specific to anyone’s personal circumstances. It is not legal advice nor should it be used as such. Always consult a legal practitioner for specialist legal advice specific to your needs and circumstances and rely upon that. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy at the time of writing applicable laws may change.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.

Copyright © 2023 BHS Legal, publisher of Content is protected by copyright. Please refer to the Terms of Use.
Scroll to Top